Its quick and I’ll really appreciate it!
Starting Up: The Science Behind Disruption
- Naveed Lalani (@naveed_l)
- Jessica Mah (@jessicamah)
- Adil Wali (@adilwali)
- James Proud (@jamesproud)
- Zach Larson (@zachlarson)
This panel discussion aims to put a process behind the discovery of the infamous “Disruptive, Billion Dollar” idea. While tactical topics such as the Lean Startup Methodology are important once entrepreneurs have ideas they are actively pursuing, seldom is the process behind discovery and selection of those ideas actually discussed.
This panel aims to cover two key parts of this process:
- Inception: What is the process behind actually coming up with the idea? This is a mixture of art and science; we hope to be able to showcase the science.
- Validation: What is the process to evaluate if the idea is worth pursuing? This is a combination of internal and external factors that will be discussed in the panel.
We hope that once attendees walk out of the panel, they have mental clarity on how to discover their next great idea. Not just one that is trendy, but something truly disruptive, viable and sustainable.
- What is one checkpoint in the inception phase that must be true before you take an idea through the validation phase?
- What is the key trigger that leads you from the validation phase to pursuit of the idea full-time?
- What is premature commitment bias and how do you avoid it?
- As a serial entrepreneur, what is your personal process to discovering new ideas?
- What are the key elements that always exist in your businesses from start to exit?